Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Aussies love this one. Posted for ZWT8- Australia/ New Zealand.
- 1 whole chicken, boiled (remove meat from bones)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup diced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 3 tablespoons sweet fruit chutney
- salt and pepper
- Fry onions, add curry, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients plus chicken, cover and simmer for 1 hour. Thicken with cornstarch mixed in a little water.
- Serve with boiled rice.
I made this with chicken thighs on the bone, which I browned and then added when the chicken is called for. The flavor was delicious and enjoyed by all. Served with brown basmati rice. No doubt that I will make it again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
The flavors in this dish are outstanding. Really easy to make. Didn't have a whole chicken lying around so I used 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts from the $100 store (Costco). I would definitely make this one again!!!