Hey you Paula Deen fans, she has a new magazine, "Cooking with Paula Deen"--this recipe is from the premier issue. It was so yummy looking, I couldn't wait to try it. I added another 15 minutes to the cooking time suggested (30-35 minutes) and It was just right, but oven temperatures vary, so check on it during the last few minutes of cooking time. I'm also going to add a few dashes of cayenne pepper next time for something hot and sweet!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut each bacon slice into thirds. Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick inserted on the diagonal starting where bacon seam overlaps.
- Stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture.
- Coat a rack and broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken on rack in broiler pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.