Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great mix for parties.
- 6 ounces boxes Golden Grahams cereal
- 1⁄2 box Corn Chex
- 2 cups coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 -2 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy (optional)
- Mix top four ingredients in large bowl.
- In a pan, melt butter and add sugar and karo.
- Mix together.
- Boil for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes on medium-high.
- Pour over dry mixture and mix together.
- Add, if desired, plain M&M's and mix in.
I looked all over the internet for this recipe! Its exactly how i remembered it being! It was a great hit at our new years party! Thanks so much!!! Will use over and over and over again!
Yummy, sweet treat. Loved the combination of ingredients. I boiled for 3 1/2 minutes, but when combined with the dry ingredients, it was too wet and sticky. Tried finishing it in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes, but still too gooey. Probably should have boiled it longer or used a candy thermometer. Of course, we still ate and enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Made without the M&Ms, this was a really big hit (outta the park I'd say) at a recent family reunion. Everyone who tried sweet chex mix soon went back for more. The men of the family especially enjoyed this yummy snack.