1 hr 30 mins
Chef #266905's Note:
I go sweet and tart cherry picking in Door County every year - sometimes I never know what to do with all the cherries. This recipe is wonderful.
My Private Note
2 cup b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put cherries in stock pot with sugar and water simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- 2Use a slotted sppon, remove cherries and set aside.
- 3Bring the juice to a boil, dissolve cornstarch in 1 Tbls water and stir into boiling juice stirring as sauce thickens. Add tapioca.
- 4Add salt, lemon juice, and rind for 10 minutes or until thick.
- 5Return cherries to syrup and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Can be stored in frig for up to 2 weeks.
- 7I freeze using foodsaver - just get air out and seal the bag without the suction option.
- 8Makes approx 16 cups of sauce.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Cherry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 41.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g