Recipe by oldbern
I found this recipe in an article about the benefits of cherries in a summer edition of First magazine. The article outlined that cherries can aid a person with maintaining low blood pressure, a flat belly, ending headaches, and having radiant skin.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
The cherry salsa added a very nice cool and tangy element to the chops. I chose to bake my chops though, instead of pan frying, which was only personal preference. I would like to try this recipe again on a hot summer night when cooler dishes seem to be the order of the day. Thanks for sharing your recipe, xxciv. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1⁄2 lb cherries, pitted and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel, cooked
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lime zest
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops for 3 minutes on each side, or until temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Transfer to plate, cover with foil.
- In bowl combine cherries, corn, scallion, lime zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper, stir.
- Top pork with cherry salsa.