Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A sweet change from cranberry, to serve with turkey, chicken or pork.
- 1 cup cherries, dark,sweet
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped,fresh
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce (tabasco)
- Pit and chop the fresh or frozen dark sweet cherries and combine with all other ingredients.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Serve as a condiment with chicken, turkey or pork.
What a nice surprise this is. It's obvious from the ingredients list that this isn't the typical cilantro/ jalapeno salsa but just what is a mix of cherry and basil like? Intensely basil flavored and delicious. We enjoyed it over salmon. Thanks, Derf. What a great combination.