Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This pie recipe is from my Fannie Farmer cookbook. Cherry pie is normally made with sour cherries but I like sweet cherries better so, luckily for me, this recipe was in my book. Everyone who has tried it has liked it.
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 3 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line pie plate with half of the pie crust dough.
- Mix together cherries, sugar and tapioca.
- Pour into lined pie plate.
- Top with the other half of the crust.
- Seal the edges and cut in vents.
- Bake 10 min at 425 F then reduce heat to 350 F and bake for 30-40 min.
- longer until crust is lightly browned.