1/1 Photo of Sweet Cherry Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Lori K.'s Note:
From Cooking Light Magazine - Delicious and appealing to the eye
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine tapioca, pitted cherries, and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in large bowl. Toss well. Let cherry mixture stand 30 minutes. Stir to combine.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3Roll 1 (9-inch) dough portion into an 11-inch circle. Fit dough into 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray, allowing dough to extend over edge of plate.
- 4Spoon cherry mixture and any remaining liquid into dough.
- 5Roll remaining (9-inch) dough portion into 12-inch circle. Cut dough into 12 (1-inch wide) strips. Arrange in lattice pattern over cherry mixture. Fold edges under bottom dough and crimp.
- 6Combine 2 TBS water and egg white in small bowl. Brush mixture over dough on top of pie. Sprinkle dough with 2 TBS turbinado sugar.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Shield edges of piecrust with foil. Continue baking for 40 minutes or until piecrust is golden brown and filling is thick and bubbly.
- 8Cool in pie pan for 45 minutes on wire rack before cutting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Cherry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.3
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 220.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: