Recipe by Samantha in Ut
This is wonderful and something a little different from the usual. This is from the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving. This recipe is for 0-1,000 feet elevation adjust for your area.
- 2 cups chopped pitted dark sweet cherries
- 2 cups crushed loganberries
- 1 (49 -57 g) packageregular powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare canner, jars and lids.
- In a large, deep stainless steel saucepan, combine berries and lemon juice. Whisk in pectin until dissolved. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Add sugar all at once and return to a full rolling, stirring constantly. Boil hard, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving a 1/4 in headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim and place lid and ring on.
- Place jars in canner, ensuring they are completely covered with water. Bring to boil and process for 10 minutes. Remove canning lid. Wait 5 minutes and remove jars, cool and store.