Prep 35 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens canning mag.
- 3 lbs fully ripe dark sweet cherries, pitted (4 cups)
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) packet powdered fruit pectin
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 5 cups sugar
- In a pot, mix cherries, pectin, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar, stir to combine.
- Bring to a rolling boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, skim foam.
- Ladle into hot sterilized 8 oz jars, leave 1/4" head space. Wipe rims and add lids.
- Process jars in water bath for your recomended altitude.
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! We bought frozen sweet black cherries from Sam's Club, used the juice and all. We ended up with 4 1/2 pints of sinful goodness!!