Recipe by Potluck
Its a tedious job of quartering and pitting cherries,but well worth the stained fingers. Spooned lavishly over ice cream,layered in a parfait, or used to flavor a soda.A touch of almond enhances the sauce. Spoon over a white cake.You will find many uses,I am sure..Enjoy!!!
Top Review by KLHquilts
I cheated! I used frozen, pitted sweet cherries ... and it turned out great. This is a wonderful sauce to spoon over plain nonfat yogurt (or any other kind of yogurt, or anything else, come to think of it). Simple as can be -- just cherries with a hint of lemon. Thanks for posting this!
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In sauce pan,combine cherries,sugar,1/4 c water and syrup.
- Blend cornstarch with 2 tbls water.
- Add to cherry mixture.
- Cook over low heat,stirring constantly,until thickened.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- I listed cooking time not the time preparing the cherries.