6 hrs 20 mins
I couldn't find a recipe for a straight sweet cherry ice cream; all the recipes seemed to include other fruit (blackberries, cranberries, you name it). I adapted a recipe so that it used only frozen dark sweet cherries, and it turned out very well! After 24 hours in the freezer, you can still get a spoon into the ice cream to serve it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Puree the thawed cherries in a food processor. Feel free to leave them slightly chunky; it makes the texture of the ice cream more interesting.
- 2Sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand one minute.
- 3Stir gelatin into water over low heat until dissolved.
- 4Add cherry puree, half-and-half, milk, sugar and corn syrup to gelatin. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 5Refrigerate at least four hours, or overnight if possible.
- 6Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Cherry Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 18.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g