Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Those with a serious sweet tooth need only apply. This is a recipe my mom served several times a year and it was always a hit.
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (18 ounce) package Duncan Hines lemon supreme cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted (1-1 1/2 cubes )
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 9x13 baking dish.
- Spread cherry filling in baking dish.
- Evenly distribute about 1/2 to 3/4 of the dry cake mix over the cherry filling.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix.
- Top with nuts if you like, but we like it best without.
- Bake for 45 minutes until crust is baked through.
- The cherries make this dessert very sweet so it is best served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, and you might want to make your portions on the smaller side.