Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy dessert that tastes great and has a lot of variety options when you use different flavors of pie filling. I found it in Quick Cooking magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, chilled
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (or other flavors)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a mixing bowl, cut butter into cake mix as for pastry dough.
- Set aside 1 cup.
- Pat remaining crumbs onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Spread pie filling over crust.
- Combine the walnuts with reserved crumbs; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm, with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
This is a delicious dessert recipe. I have made it with both cherry and blueberry pie filling. My family love sit and it is also a great potluck recipe. I found it in Taste of Home years ago - they called it Cherry Crumb Dessert. I was about to post it, but found you had already. Thanks! : )