Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of Washington State Fruit Commission.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pitted and halved northwest fresh sweet cherries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, oil, eggs and vanilla; mix on low speed of electric mixer until blended. Mix 1 minute on medium speed. Batter will be thick.
- Spread half of batter in oiled and floured 9-inch baking pan.
- Toss cherries in small amount of flour. Scatter cherries over batter; spread remaining batter over cherries. Sprinkle pecans over top.
- Bake at 325 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on rack and cut into 16 pieces.
- Chocolate Chip Variation: Sprinkle 1/2 cup chocolate chips over batter with pecans.