Adapted from a recipe at Tasting Table's February menu. You can substitute berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or a mixture) or pears for the cherries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400º. In a baking dish, arrange the almonds in an even layer. Bake until they are golden brown, about 7 minutes, and set aside.
- 2Coat an 8-inch porcelain baking dish or pie plate with the 1 1/2 tablespoons of softened butter.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, egg, vanilla extract and 3 tablespoons of the sugar and whisk until blended. Add the flour and whisk again until just combined.
- 4Scatter the cherries evenly over the bottom of the buttered baking dish and top with half of the toasted almonds. Pour the batter over the cherries and almonds and top with the remaining almonds. Bake until the clafouti is browned, puffed and just pulling away from the sides of the pan, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of sugar and cook until the top is caramelized, about 10 more minutes. Cool in the baking dish for 10 minutes. Serve warm from the dish with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Cherry and Almond Clafouti
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.8
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 161.6 mg
- Sodium 40.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 33.3 g
- Protein 9.4 g