Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is so yummy!! A family favorite! We usually have this at the holidays, but also at Presidents day coming up! It would also be a lovely dessert for Valentines Day. I believe the original source was a Pillsbury Cookoff Booklet. Prep time is a guestimate. Cook time includes chilling time.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2-1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped and sweetened to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 13x9 pan combine crust ingredients.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown; stirring once during baking.
- Remove from oven.
- Reserve 1/2 c.
- of crumb mixture for topping.
- Using a spoon, firmly press remaining warm crumb mixture into an ungreased 9 inch pie plate.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend cream cheese, almond extract and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Fold pie filling into whipped cream.
- Spoon over cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Chill 1 to 2 hours before serving.
This is from the Bake Off Book #27. It has been a family favorite of ours for many years. Actually am making it tonight to serve for a Longaberger Party.. Red/White/Blue Support the Troops theme! Karen