Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You'll need only a few items for this unique cheese ball. Coconut comes through in a cherry-flecked mixture that is coated in pecans.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 8 maraschino cherries, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- fresh fruit
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the coconut and cherries. Shape into a ball; roll in pecans. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with fruit.
This was sooo good. The only change I made was to put 10 cherries in it instead of 8. My hubby likes maraschino cherries and he liked this. I may put in 11 next time. I squeezed each cherry a little to get some of the juice out before putting it on the cutting board so the cheese would not be too pink. It is so pretty and I have never had a cheese ball like this. Also, I didn't have any pecans and wanted to make it so I used chopped walnuts instead. I will definitely make this again. We ate it with wheat crackers instead of the fruit and it was delicious.
EDIT: I have made this so many times I have forgotten, but now the number of cherries have changed. I put in 15-20 as we love cherries. The ladies in my Bible study group love this one, too. I always give someone whatever is left over to take home.