- 2 lbs carrots, sliced (or 2 lbs baby carrots)
- 1 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook sliced carrots in boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, butter, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the cooked, drained carrots and chopped pecans to hot sauce mixture; stir in and heat through.