Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make this for a Thanksgiving side dish.
- 2 lbs carrots, sliced (or 2 lbs baby carrots)
- 1 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan, cook sliced carrots in boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, butter, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the cooked, drained carrots and chopped pecans to hot sauce mixture; stir in and heat through.
We loves it, the pecans are the majic that make this dish sing!I did substitute the brown sugar with brown sugar splendah. Will be using this dish whenever I can. TY
Very good and very easy to do. My family liked these and they would make an excellent substitution on the Thanksgiving buffet for sweet potatoes! Thanks!
A lightly sweet dish that goes well with chicken or pork. I used orange juice and Splenda brown sugar substitute. The carrots were microwaved and the sauce poured over when done.