Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
Got this from Taste of Home. Thanks to this recipe my DH and DD will eat carrots. I was a little skeptical at first about the vinegar, but it keeps it from not being too sweet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar or 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Place carrots in a covered microwave dish.
- Put in about 2 Tablespoons water.
- Cover and microwave on high about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain water.
- Add the brown sugar, butter, vinegar and salt.
- Toss until butter is melted and carrots are coated.
Made this as side for 3 but battoned some large carrots for the recipe and :oops: forgot to drain and added the rest of the ingredients but no big drama as the juices were rather nice drizzled over the carrotsl Thank you MsSally, made for ZAAR Stars tag game.
A definite keeper!! Both my DS ate 2 servings of these carrots, and my 4 yr old said he loved them and I can make more tomorrow! DH and I also liked them. I doubled the recipe and ended up using 1 Tbs butter but otherwise made as it. Thanks for a new veggie in our rotation!! Made for Everyday Holiday May 2010.
Yum! What a great side dish. I made this as directed using cider vinegar and it was really tasty with some lamb chops. Thanks MsSally for sharing. And congrats on your football win!