1 hr 20 mins
A 'different' seasonal dessert. This 'pudding' (as in the British definition) is delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Crisco
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemons, zest of
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger (optional)
Gingered Whipped Cream (2 cups)
- 1Butter a 6-cup ring mold well and preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cream butter and shortening; add sugar, a little at a time, and beat until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and add lemon juice and zest.
- 4Sift together flour, soda, baking powder, salt and allspice.
- 5Stir into butter mixture.
- 6Stir in carrots and transfer to ring mold and cover with a buttered round of foil.
- 7Set into a baking pan, add enough hot water to come 2/3s of the way up mold and bake for 30 minutes.
- 8Remove foil and bake 30 minutes more or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- 9Let cool on rack for 10 minutes.
- 10Invert onto platter.
- 11Serve warm with Gingered Whipped Cream.
- 12Gingered Whipped Cream: Beat all the ingredients together until cream holds soft peaks and transfer to a serving bowl.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Carrot Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.5
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 170.3 mg
- Sodium 245.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 53.6 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: