Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Thai style salad-from Lee Bailey's The Way I Cook. Heat level will depend on the chile used. Refrigerate before serving.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled,seeded and cut into ¼ inch thick half-moons
- 1 medium carrot, scraped and sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium pickled jalapeno pepper, seeds removed,minced
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons nuoc nam (Thai fish sauce)
- Toss vegetables together in a medium bowl.
- Heat water, sugars, vinegar and nuoc mam over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and pour over vegetables.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.