Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This irresistible pie is similar to the Italian dessert cannoli which features crisp pastry shells filled with a sweetened ricotta filling and accented with bits of chocolate and candied citron.
- For pie crust, mix together finely crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter in medium bowl.
- Press firmly on bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold milk in a small saucepan; let stand for 1 minute.
- Cook over low heat for 3 minutes, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Blend ricotta, remaining 1/2 cup milk, sugar, vanilla and orange peel in electric blender until smooth.
- Gradually add gelatin mixture while blending.
- Pour into large bowl and refrigerate, stirring occasionally 30-45 minutes or until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon.
- Coarsely chop 6 cookies; fold into cream mixture.
- Spread into pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Halve remaining 3 cookies. Garnish pie with whipped cream, cookie halves and orange slices.