Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
A twist on your traditional savoury canneloni casserole. A blend of marzipan, chocolate, raisins and cinnamon makes this dish the perfect comfort food. Can be served either as a dessert or as a sweet main dish. Serving size refers to having it as a main dish.
- In a bowl combine ricotta cheese, 50 g sugar, cinnamon, raisins and 1 egg. Cut the apple into small chunks and add it.
- Use a piping bag to fill the canneloni with the ricotta mixture. Place them carefully in an oven-proof dish.
- Chopp the marzipane or marzipane chocolate finely. Mix with milk, remaining egg and remaining sugar. Pour over canneloni.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil.
- Bake on the second lowest rack at 190°C in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. Then remove the cover and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Made this recipe with one change & served it as a dessert ~ Because of the time of year I used 1/4 cup of finely diced dates instead of the raisins! This was a meal finale that we really enjoyed, & I'll be making it again over the next couple of months, the next time using dried cranberries, & another time with the indicated raisins! Thanks for a great keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag]