Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This a simple vintage recipe and it really stands up to anything you serve it with. It holds well, travels well, and tastes great! It's also good as a sandwich filling with corned beef, or on hot dogs; just be sure to drain well.
- 1 head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1⁄2 red bell peppers or 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 sweet banana peppers, halved lengthwise then sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups minced onions
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄8 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, place shredded cabbage, peppers and onion.
- Heat the sugar, vinegar, vegetable oil and salt in a saucepan; do not boil.
- Pour over the cabbage mixture, combine thoroughly and let stand at least one hour to cool.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.