Recipe by Rita~
You won't miss the butter when using the shortening because the chips and buttershots liqueur adds to it! The shortening keeps these cookies nice and full.
Top Review by Mommy Diva
Absolutely DELICIOUS! I am a fan of anythng butterscotch and this is wonderful! I made these and thew flew out the door. I will be making them again to go on my gift trays for my freinds and neighbors. Thaks for sharing! **Made for Beverage Tag 2007**
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch schnapps
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 20 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat shortening and sugars till creamy adding eggs one at a time.
- Add butter shots follow with flour, salt, baking soda mix in well.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop by nice size spoonfulls onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake in a 375°F for 10 minutes.