Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
You won't miss the butter when using the shortening because the chips and buttershots liqueur adds to it! The shortening keeps these cookies nice and full.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch schnapps
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 20 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- Beat shortening and sugars till creamy adding eggs one at a time.
- Add butter shots follow with flour, salt, baking soda mix in well.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop by nice size spoonfulls onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake in a 375°F for 10 minutes.
Absolutely DELICIOUS! I am a fan of anythng butterscotch and this is wonderful! I made these and thew flew out the door. I will be making them again to go on my gift trays for my freinds and neighbors. Thaks for sharing! **Made for Beverage Tag 2007**
YUMMY! I love butterscotch anything so these were GREAT! I did use 1/2 cup regular butter and 1/4 cup shortening. I omitted the pecans because I was out but can see how they would be nice in this. They are nice and soft and puffy and intensly butterscotchy. I baked mine on greased cookie sheets for 10 minutes. I scooped the dough out with overflowing 1/2 tablespoons and ended up with 38 cookies for a half recipe.
I loved these! I made a batch for a church group meeting, and I got a million compliments on them. No one had ever heard of cookies w/ schnapps before, but this recipe mada lot of fans of the idea.