Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Make and share this Sweet Butternut Squash recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop seeds out of the squash.
- Arrange pieces, cut-side-down, in a large baking dish.
- Pour hot water in the dish to a depth of about 1/4 inch.
- Bake squash uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and then remove and discard skin.
- n a medium bowl, lightly mash squash.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Pour into an 8-by-8-inch baking dish.
- Stir together butter, honey, walnut pieces, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture over squash.
- Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot.
We love butternut squash and we are always looking for new ways to prepare it. This was excellent and it was eaten and enjoyed by the whole crowd for dinner. Thank you!
I enjoyed this dish. However I was going to give it three stars when I realized I had left out the walnuts> Now I LOVE walnuts so up to four stars it goes. I thought the amount of cloves would be a little much, buut it all turned out nice. Thanks for sharing. I'm off to enjoy another serving sprinkled with walnuts! (made for winter tag 2007)