Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very simple vegetable casserole which is perfect for an autumnal evening. Try serving with rice.
- 2 leeks, sliced into thin round slices
- 1⁄2 a butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 120 ml vegetable stock
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- Fry the leeks for a few minutes then add the squash and sweet potatoes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and rosemary and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for about 20 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
Simple, easy and tasty. I prepared this dish as a quick vegetarian entree on top of bulgur. The nuttiness of the grain really served to showcase the natural sweetness of the squash and sweet potatoes. I really liked the sauce here and thought the leeks and rosemary were well matched, elevating the simple combination of broth and tomatoes. I think for more subtle undertones, i would next time add a small clove of garlic and perhaps a splash of dry white wine. Thanks! Made for *Went to the Market* Tag Game.
I loved this recipe! It felt nice and meaty, and I was astounded at how flavorful it was even without a bunch of spices. I ended up having to cook mine for longer than the recipe stated, though. My roomie just DEVOURED it!
This is a nice simple side that is really packed with flavour, I really enjoyed this and even my todder DD ate a little, yay! Fussy DH wasn't too keen though but he's not a big vegie eater, fusspot that he is. Thanks!