Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet, tender, and succulent. Back off, Bugs. (-:
- Cook carrots in a large pot of boiling water with salt until tender.
- Drain off most of the liquid, leaving about an inch of water in the bottom of the pan.
- Set the carrots aside.
- Add butter and brown sugar to the water.
- Stir until the butter melts.
- Return carrots to the pot and stir well.
- Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to mingle.
I probably will add more salt the next time (didn't put lots in the water to cook them), but all in all, very good.
This recipe was made on 3/5/10 for my son's birthday and the " Special Meals 2010 " event in the Cooking Photos Forum. After cooking the carrots, all the water was drained then the butter and brown sugar was added. We all thought that the taste was just o.k.. Thank you for taking the time to post, and " Keep Smiling :) "
This is how I make my carrots but I have never left any carrot liquid in the pan. It is one of our fave ways to have carrots Made for Pac Fall 2009