A little bit sweet and a little bit savory. This squash is a great side dish to chicken or pork, but it can also stand all alone as a main course. Recipe from Rachel Ray's October 2008 magazine.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the apple juice, squash, raisins and sage; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover skillet and cook until the squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the squash mixture to a bowl.
- Cook the remaining liquid until syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Serve squash with pan juices poured over top.