Recipe by My Food Coach
Calling all Brussel sprout lovers....try this tasty recipe from the American Institute for Cancer Research!
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any yellow leaves from sprouts and trim off bottoms.
- Using a steamer basket inside of pot, fill pot with about 2 inches of water. Cover and steam sprouts until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat oil and saute shallots, about 2 minutes.
- When sprouts are done, drain and add to shallots. Add broth.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, 2 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook 1-2 minutes, until broth is absorbed.
- Season with nutmeg and salt to taste.