My Food Coach's Note:
Calling all Brussel sprout lovers....try this tasty recipe from the American Institute for Cancer Research!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove any yellow leaves from sprouts and trim off bottoms.
- 2Using a steamer basket inside of pot, fill pot with about 2 inches of water. Cover and steam sprouts until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat oil and saute shallots, about 2 minutes.
- 4When sprouts are done, drain and add to shallots. Add broth.
- 5Cover and cook over medium heat, 2 minutes.
- 6Remove cover and cook 1-2 minutes, until broth is absorbed.
- 7Season with nutmeg and salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth