Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From the 2005 Southern Living Annual Recipes Cookbook...a variation on a theme
- 2 (12 ounce) packages broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Rinse broccoli slaw mix with cold water;drain well.
- Stir together mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar in a large bowl.
- Add slaw, onions and craisins.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with bacon before serving.
This is a great salad! Add toasted pecans when you sprinkle on the bacon and it just gets yummier!!!
Excellent salad. Better than buying at the grocery store for $5.99 a pound!!! Easy and tasty.
Delicious! My husband doesn't usually care for broccoli slaw, but he loved this one. Made it without the bacon, but didn't miss it. Chilled for two hours and it was fine.