Recipe by afghanmom
This is a recipe I got from my sister who is the best cook I know. This a great recipe for a cook-out or picnic.
Top Review by RedSoxsNation #33fan
I have never personally made this recipe but I have a friend who has this exact same recipe and this is her signature dish to bring. She brought it yesterday to a BBQ and it was gone in a matter of minutes. She sometimes puts Feta cheese in instead of cheddar. Either cheese that gets put in it, makes the salad great!
- 1 head broccoli, cut up
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Combine remaining ingredients to make dressing.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and mix well.
- If this is going to sit a while before serving, I suggest you wait to add the bacon until just before you serve to keep the bacon crisp.