Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I got from my sister who is the best cook I know. This a great recipe for a cook-out or picnic.
- 1 head broccoli, cut up
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Combine remaining ingredients to make dressing.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and mix well.
- If this is going to sit a while before serving, I suggest you wait to add the bacon until just before you serve to keep the bacon crisp.
I have never personally made this recipe but I have a friend who has this exact same recipe and this is her signature dish to bring. She brought it yesterday to a BBQ and it was gone in a matter of minutes. She sometimes puts Feta cheese in instead of cheddar. Either cheese that gets put in it, makes the salad great!
Wow! This is very much like the broccoli salad my family used to make back in the early 80's that we had forgotten all about! Sweet, creamy, crunchy, and very fresh tasting. I made it up this morning and is was perfect for dinner tonight. Thanks!