1/1 Photo of Sweet Bread (For Bread Machines)
Years ago when I lived in Colorado, a neighbor, Pat gave me a loaf of bread for an early Christmas present. It was so lucious that I asked for the recipe, and then discovered it was made in a Bread Machine...so asked for one for a Christmas gift from my husband. I have been making this recipe ever since. It is the favorite of all breads I make. I usually use the dough cycle and bake in a conventional oven since I prefer the crust texture that way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Depending on the type of machine you have put the wet and dry ingredients in your machine as per it's instructions. (mine says wet first, then dry-- making a well in the flour to put in the yeast last.).
- 2Set the machine to it's bread setting.
- 3Start the machine and remove the cooked bread when the cycle is finished.
- 4***If you wish you can set the unmixed dough to the 'dough' setting and dough removed at the end of the dough cycle so it can also be made by hand and baked in a 375 degree oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- 5Special note**A inexpensive way to purchase your bread flour is at one of the warehouse markets.
- 6I buy 25 pound bags at Sam's for less than$5.
- 700 a bag.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Bread (For Bread Machines)
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.1
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 190.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g