Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This comes from the Coeur d'Alene Inn and the North Idaho College Wild Game Feast. You can always substitue the elk sausage for a less gamier meat. Very easy and very elegant.
- 1 lb venison sausage (or elk)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 ounces red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces brandy
- In saute pan, brown sausage in oil, add onions.
- In seperate pan, brown apples, add salt to taste.
- Add cabbage to apple mix, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and red wine vinegar.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and brandy to sausage mix, reduce.
- Plate together and serve.