Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A sinfully easy, yet delicious, main dish
- 1 chicken leg quarter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup pre- cooked rice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the liquid ingredients in a small oven proof lidded bowl. Place the chicken in upside down and marinate 30 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over and cover the bowl.
- Braise for 1 hour.
- Serve over a bed of rice with additional sauce ladled over it.
This was tasty. I didn't have honey, so I used maple syrup. My children all ate it up, even the one who was still mad after his ball game and "not hungry". So thank you for a simple and delicious chicken dish..
A very tasty recipe I used to bake chicken drumsticks. I didn't have teriyaki sauce as I'm a label reader and buy very few of this type of thing due to suspect ingredients. Instead I looked up teriyaki recipes and added the ingredients listed on recipe 1181 for teriyaki sauce. It worked a treat so don't be put off if you're missing this ingredient pre-made in the cupboard. It's very simple to adapt.
What a tasty dinner. We loved this quick and easy to make meal. The chicken was tender, moist and very tasty. We really enjoyed the marinade it was great served over the chicken and steamed rice. I garnished the chicken with sliced green onions. Thanks for sharing a dish that has gone into my keeper box.