Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried this yet.
- 2 (8 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kentucky Bourbon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, pepper and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the oil.
- Be sure all the skin is removed from the salmon. Place the filets in a shallow dish and pour the bourbon marinade over them, saving a little to brush on the fish as it cooks. Put a lid over the fish and refrigerate for at least an hour. A few over is even better.
- Preheat your barbeque or stovetop grill over medium-high heat. Cook the fish for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until each filet is cooked all the way through. Regularly brush the filets with the marinade.
- Arrange the filets on each plate with the chives sprinkled over the top.
This is an excellent recipe. I've used it many, many times. Everyone loves it.