Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Just in time for your summer cookout!
Make and share this Sweet Bourbon Baked Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain and set aside, saving bacon drippings.
- Saute onions in bacon drippings.
- In a bowl, mix the beans together with the onions, mustard, molasses, sugar, bourbon, chili sauce and cinnamon. Add the bacon bits and fold in gently.
- Pour into a 2 quart bean pot or casserole.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
I made these for a summer rib barbecue. They were great and easy to put together. I only used 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon. While they were good hot, and everybody enjoyed them, I polished them off the next day cold and they were awesome!!!!! I too made them in my crockpot so I wouldn't heat up the kitchen.
This was great! I made mine in a crock pot because I was going to pot luck bbq. I cooked them on high for two hours. Right before serving, I removed the lid and reduced the heat. This allowed the beans to thicken a bit. (Also, doubled the bacon by request.) This is definitely a keeper.