Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Just in time for your summer cookout!
Top Review by baroth2
I made these for a summer rib barbecue. They were great and easy to put together. I only used 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon. While they were good hot, and everybody enjoyed them, I polished them off the next day cold and they were awesome!!!!! I too made them in my crockpot so I wouldn't heat up the kitchen.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (15 ounce) kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain and set aside, saving bacon drippings.
- Saute onions in bacon drippings.
- In a bowl, mix the beans together with the onions, mustard, molasses, sugar, bourbon, chili sauce and cinnamon. Add the bacon bits and fold in gently.
- Pour into a 2 quart bean pot or casserole.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.