Recipe by katia
A quick sweet snack that is very popular in Greece and there are many different recipes. This is my favorite.
Top Review by mummamills
excellent and forgiving recipe! I didnt have quite enough biscuits, so I added a few gingernuts:) I used butter instead of margerine, but I would cut down a little in future. didnt last long, should have hidden them.
- 250 g margarine
- 260 g powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 350 g any kind cookies (I buy a petit beurre biscuits or digestive biscuitscrumbs, graham crackers are suitable)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut by hand the biscuits in crumbs. Chop the walnuts.
- Melt the margarine in a small pot and then add the sugar and the cocoa. Stir with a spoon until well mixed.
- Beat the eggs and put them to the margarine mixture; stir.
- And finally add the biscuits crumbs and the walnuts. Stir until they are mixed.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper about 13x18" size. Arrange the cookie-mixture as a roll in the middle of the paper and roll.
- Put the roll into the freezer for a couple of hours.
- Then remove and store at the fridge. Enjoy!
- Cooling time is not included!