Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Delicious Parfait! Substitute any of your favorite fresh fruits for the strawberries, and it'll be still be just as delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 pint fresh blueberries (dry pint, about 1 cup)
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled, quartered (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped pecans or 4 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts or 4 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Cannoli Cream: -- Stir the ricotta, vanilla and 3 tablespoons of cream in a medium bowl to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1/2 cup of cream, powdered sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl until semi-firm peaks form.
- Fold the ricotta into the whipped cream. Place in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to stiffen and yield a creamier filling. (Can be prepared 1 hour ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Sweet Berries: -- Toss the berries, sugar, and lime juice in a medium bowl to combine. Let stand until juices form, tossing occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Ready to Serve: -- Divide berries among dessert dishes.
- Dollop the ricotta cream atop the berries. Sprinkle with the nuts and serve. :).