Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This side dish is delicious with almost anything but it goes especially well with barbequed meats. If you like a little heat to your sautes, throw in a hot pepper as well.This is also good using just green peppers.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cut peppers in 1/4" strips.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Add peppers and saute until they begin to colour in some places.
- Reduce heat and season with salt to taste.
- Cover pan and cook 10 minutes, or until peppers are softened.
- Increase heat and add balsamic vinegar.
- Stir and toss peppers until vinegar is evapourated.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in basil,parsley and garlic.
wonderful flavour, love the balsamic vinegar! We liked the crispness and the basil and garlic were just right. I only cooked them covered for about 6 minutes, will be making these again, thanks for posting.
Wonderful, I made it exactly as the recipe called for. The balsamic vinegar gave the saute great flavour.