Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
When a friend of mine served this, I thought it was tomato soup.. so creamy in appearance.."boy was I surprised. Taste is fantastic..had to have the recipe.. thought I'd share it with zaar friends. Easy to prepare.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large onions
- 2 medium size carrots
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sweet red peppers
- 1 cup skim milk
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- sour cream
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and saute chopped onions over low heat until soft.
- Add sliced carrots, 6 cups chicken stock and bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer 20 minute.
- Add rough chopped red bell peppers and cook 20 min or till soft.
- Remove from heat, add skim milk, salt and pepper to taste and thyme. remove from heat.
- When soup is cooled, place in blender and puree in batches.
- To serve, reheat. BE SURE NOT TO BOIL.
- Place a dollop of sour cream on each bowl of soup. Enjoy.
I did a few adjustments to this recipe to suit out tastes, I added in 2 heaping tablespoons of fresh minced garlic and 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes while cooking the onions and I also added in some roasted red bell peppers from a jar that I added in only because I had them already open and in my fridge at the time, used half and half cream and lots of freshly ground black pepper, since we love red bell peppers this is a wonderful soup I look forward to making again soon, thanks for sharing hon!