1/4 Photos of Sweet Beet Bread
1 hr 15 mins
I came up with this recipe as a way to use the fresh beets I get in my CSA box. It tastes just like zucchini bread to me, but it's a pretty pink color because of the beets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I use half whole wheat)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raw beet, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice or 1/4 cup other fruit juice
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup pecans or 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1Grease a loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 or 8 x 4 x 2) and set it aside.
- 2Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl (except the nuts).
- 3In a separate bowl, beat the egg and add the beet, oil, orange juice, and applesauce.
- 4Add the wet ingredients to the dry all at once and mix until they are just combined.
- 5Fold in the chopped nuts.
- 6Pour the mixture into a prepared loaf pan.
- 7Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Beet Bread
Serving Size: 1 (803 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2531.5
- Calories from Fat 1086
- Total Fat 120.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 2090.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 341.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.2 g
- Sugars 168.2 g
- Protein 36.0 g