Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
Super simple hot bread in a hurry. This was found in southern living magazine.
- 709.77 ml self-rising flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 340.19 g bottle beer (Non-Alcoholic or Light Beer may be substituted)
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- Stir together first 3 ingredients; pour into a lightly greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Pour melted butter over top.
- Bake 10 more minutes.
Fantastic! This is definitely a keeper recipe. It is also perfect for when you don't have time to wait for bread to rise & bake. I can't belief how easy, quick and sweet this recipe is. The loaf looked so good I couldn't wait to slice it. The flavor and texture are absolutely wonderful - even tasted a hint of beer flavor. I believe drizzling the melted butter over the top and then baking an additional 10 minutes is what makes this recipe 5 stars.
This was awesome!!!!! It came out moist and tender with a perfect golden brown crust! I pulled it out of the oven about 2 hours ago and it is already gone... My husband is begging me to make more. *LOL* If it helps anyone, I use Corrona light for the beer. This recipe is definitely a keeper!! Thank ;)
The great thing about this bread is that you can vary it as you wish. I often add in 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and chopped chives.