Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
Super simple hot bread in a hurry. This was found in southern living magazine.
Make and share this Sweet Beer Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (Non-Alcoholic or Light Beer may be substituted)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Stir together first 3 ingredients; pour into a lightly greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Pour melted butter over top.
- Bake 10 more minutes.
Exactly what I was looking for! Perfectly tender and moist beer bread with a hint of sweetness. To make it even better, we topped it with raspberry honey butter (equal parts raspberry jam, honey, and butter blended together). Soooo yummy. My kids have already horked it down! :)
This was so yummy! I used to get beer bread all the time at the Czech stop in West Texas, and this is the closest I have ever tasted.