Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
A friend brought this to a pot luck dinner and everyone asked her for the recipe. Although my husband thinks it is too sweet, my kids love it and I've served it many times to rave reviews. I like to make it in the crock pot so that it stays warm on a buffet table.
- 1 (3 lb) canof b&m beans
- 4 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 (12 ounce) jar molasses
- 8 ounces boxes dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs venison
- 2 lbs bacon
- 2 medium onions, cut in large chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry ground beef and bacon separately then drain.
- Add with other ingredients together in large pan or crock pot.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat to simmer for approximately 2 to 3 hours.
- Let cool.
- If using a crock pot cook on high.
- Reheat before serving if you want thicker beans.
- When I make this in the crock pot, I usually half the recipe.