Recipe by IronChefArtemslore
Sweet and sticky browned baked chicken happily roosting in a nest of squash. I do not include a lot of salt in my recipes, so you may have to add more to taste.
- 4 chicken breasts or 4 chicken pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 12 dried apricots (pitted)
- 1 spaghetti squash
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prick Squash all over with a fork. Place it in a loaf pan or pie plate (you will need a container to catch the juices). Put it in the oven, with the timer set for one hour.
- Heat a fry pan on the stove top on high till hot, then turn the heat down to medium high. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken and sear the chicken in the fry pan till brown, about 1-3 minutes per side.
- Place the browned chicken on a greased baking pan (I use a 8 by 12 by 3 Pyrex).
- In the fry pan the chicken was seared in cook the onion till tender. Then add the chicken broth, wine and apricot preserves to the onions. While the sauce is simmering cut the dried apricots in to strips with scissors. Let the strips fall into the sauce. Simmer till the preserves are well incorporated and the sauces has been slightly reduced.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Use the back of a spoon to rub some of the sauce into the chicken.
- Put the chicken pan into the oven during the last 25 minutes of the squash's cooking time. (The squash need 60 minutes to cook. If you used chicken pieces cook the pieces for 30 minutes total).
- When the timer goes off it is time to plate out your meal. Cut the squash in half. Use a fork to pull out the fibers of the spaghetti squash. Place about a cup of squash in the center of each place. Top the nest with a piece of chicken and one fourth of the sauce.