Recipe by Heather Campbell
This is a combination of two recipes that I have used. I have been obsessed with my pressure cooker lately and thought this would bring tenderness and juiciness to grilled BBQ chicken. It turned out awesome!
Top Review by NJN2MOM
OMG! This was wonderful! I did not use beer, just added 12 oz more water and some fresh rosemary and sage to the broth. Followed the times with my electric Nesco pressure cooker and the grill. We used all drumsticks and they did not get crispy, but were so tender and not greasy at all. 5 lbs of legs disappeared in minutes! And I can't wait to make soup from the fragrant broth.
- 3 chicken breast halves (bone-in)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- bottled barbecue sauce (your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper; rub into meat.
- In separate container combine beer, water, and chicken bouillon; pour into pressure cooker.
- Place chicken into cooker and cook at 15 lbs pressure for 20 minutes.
- Use the natural release method.
- Put the chicken on the grill; cook for 10 minutes.
- Brush chicken with barbecue sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- A little time consuming but worth the effort!